Contributory Conditions that May Cause Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It can be a very real source of embarrassment and frustration for many men. While ED is often associated with aging, many underlying factors come into play.
In this guide, our team members will discuss several medical conditions that contribute to ED so you can better understand this issue and seek appropriate treatment in Colleyville or Frisco, TX. Call Sexual Wellness Centers of America and see how we can help with your ED needs.
What are the symptoms of ED?
The most well-known symptom of ED is the inability to have an erection lasting long enough for sexual activity. Men with erectile dysfunction may also experience a reduced sex drive, difficulty achieving an orgasm, and premature ejaculation. Unfortunately, these symptoms can have a significant impact on self-esteem, relationships, and quality of life. It's important to address these symptoms and seek treatment for ED to improve your sexual health.
What medical conditions contribute to ED?
At Sexual Wellness Centers of America, we understand that ED is often a complex situation. Several underlying medical conditions can contribute to the development of ED, including but not limited to:
- Hormone imbalances: Testosterone, the primary male sex hormone, plays a role in sex drive. Low testosterone levels may result in reduced sexual desire.
- Vascular issues: Adequate blood flow to the penis is necessary for maintaining an erection. Any problems with the blood vessels, such as narrowed or blocked arteries, contribute to ED.
- Neurological disorders: Any damage or dysfunction to the nerves that control erections can lead to ED. This includes neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease.
- Psychological factors: Stress, anxiety, depression, and relationship problems are often linked to ED. Men who experience mental health issues could find it difficult to relax enough to achieve an erection.
- Medications: Some medications used to treat chronic conditions, such as antidepressants, can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
- Lifestyle choices: Poor habits such as an improper diet, lack of exercise, smoking, and too much alcohol consumption are known to contribute to ED.
What should you do if you have ED?
The first step in managing problems like erectile dysfunction is to talk to a healthcare provider in Colleyville or Frisco, TX. Our trained team can perform an exam and ask about your medical history, as well as any medications you are taking. Sexual Wellness Centers of America offers a range of ways to improve your sexual health, such as:
- Hormone replacement therapy
- ED laser
Once we know the underlying cause or causes, we can recommend a personalized treatment for ED that best fits your needs. We also help you address any contributory conditions and work toward improving your overall health.
Get treatment for ED
Understanding the medical conditions that contribute to ED is crucial in addressing this common issue. At Sexual Wellness Centers of America, we strive to provide safe and effective options for men dealing with ED. Take a step toward improving your sexual health and call us today in Colleyville or Frisco, TX. Our state-of-the-art solutions like the HEshot, hormone replacement therapy, the ED laser, and REGENwave can help you overcome erectile dysfunction and gain newfound confidence in the bedroom.